Warm Audio WA-2A Optical Compressor
Though digital technology and software have made great strides in recent years; we still believe that nothing compares to the level of articulation, depth, realism, and responsiveness of a well-built piece of analog gear. When you hear the bottom-end presence and top-end detail of quality analog gear, the difference is astounding. The cost of most boutique analog equipment is financially out of reach for many recording artists. Our mission is to change this, and introduce as many people as we can to recording and mixing with real, dedicated hardware.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of the classic '2A optical compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
Releasing the WA-2A would be for nothing if we couldn’t make it affordable. Since the start of Warm Audio we have striven to give an unprecedented value to our customers, by putting high end audio within the reach of more people than ever before. This philosophy drives everything we do, and every product we offer.
- Faithful re-creation of the iconic LA-2A Leveling Amplifier in a 2RU chassis
- Completely discrete, all-tube signal path:
- Historically accurate 4-tube circuit
- US-made Cinemag input and output transformers
- Custom optical photocell
- Warm Audio's 1-year warranty
- Number of Channels:1
- Controls:Limit/Compress, Output Gain, Peak Reduction, Gain Reduction
- Frequency Response:15Hz to 20kHz
- Inputs:1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Rack Spaces:2U
- Weight:12 lbs.