PreSonus ATOM Pad Controller (USB)
Fast, flexible, and feature-packed.
Produce beats, play virtual instruments, and trigger sound effects and loops with unsurpassed expressiveness and flexibility! Both a compact, dynamic performance controller and a tightly integrated production environment, PreSonus ATOM pad controller and included Studio One® Artist production software let you create and perform with ease.
The most versatile pad controller in its class, ATOM is compatible with most music software and lets you perform and produce with virtual instruments and trigger samples and loops in real-time, using 16 full-size, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads and 8 assignable pad banks.
Produce quickly and easily in a tightly integrated environment.
ATOM connects to your computer via USB and is compatible with most music production and performance software but it is absolutely amazing when used with PreSonus Studio One. ATOM and Studio One integrate tightly so you can create quickly and easily. Enjoy blazingly fast, professional-style workflow with ATOM’s navigation, editing, and loop-point-creation features and transport controls.
You’re in control.
ATOM puts you in control of your music production software. Trigger loops and effects and play virtual instruments with 16 full-size, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads. Eight assignable pad banks let you, for example, assign your entire virtual drum rack to each pad within each bank. MIDI Keyboard mode, Note Repeat mode, and Full Velocity mode enable you to custom control your instruments. And with 4 programmable rotary encoders and 20 assignable buttons, you can navigate and set more parameters faster.
Bring ATOM out to play for a stunning live show.
Sure, ATOM is a great production pad controller but it’s an instrument controller too. Use the velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads to play your virtual instruments live, with incredible expressiveness. Set up pad banks for a full virtual drum set and perform beats that will energize any crowd. Even play multiple ATOMs at once to put on an exciting live show.
Everything you need.
You’ll love ATOM’s expressive pads and flexible controls. Its tight integration with Studio One will open up your production environment and speed up your workflow, and you get a wealth of virtual instruments, loops, and drum kits with Studio One to fuel your creativity. But we wanted to give you more, so we worked with MVP Loops to deliver a carefully curated loop and one-shot library custom-designed for ATOM.
- Groove box–style pad controller
- 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads with 8 pad banks (128 total sounds)
- Enjoy full expression with switchable polyphonic aftertouch, channel pressure, or MIDI CC message modes
- 4 endless rotary encoders make tweaking parameters a breeze
- Selectable pad velocity curves and pressure thresholds customize the pads’ response for maximum expression
- MIDI keyboard, note repeat, and full velocity modes
- Internal or external clocking and USB 2.0 connectivity
- Deep integration with Studio One DAW software
- Automatically detected by Studio One, so no setup is required
- Create a new track, change an instrument’s preset, or change your project’s tempo right from the hardware
- Set looping points, navigate the timeline, zoom in/out on the timeline or events, and edit/quantize MIDI events
- Benefit from quick access to Studio One’s transport controls
- Also works with other DAWs via USB-MIDI
- Includes Studio One Artist software and a 5' USB cable
- Type:Pad Control Surface
- Pads:16 x RGB Pads
- Velocity Sensitive:Yes
- Aftertouch:Polyphonic Aftertouch, Channel Pressure
- Encoders/Pots:4 x Programmable Rotary Encoders
- MIDI I/O:USB
- USB:1 x Type B
- Sequencer:Yes (Studio One Artist software)
- Software:Studio One Artist, MVP Loops
- Hardware Requirements - Mac:Intel Core 2 Duo or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, 40GB drive space
- Hardware Requirements - PC:Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon X2 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, 40GB drive space
- OS Requirements - Mac:OS X 10.11 or higher, 64-bit
- OS Requirements - PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later, 64-bit
- Power Supply:USB bus powered