IK Multimedia - iRig PRE HD
The best way to grab your mic sound on the ground
Digital, high definition microphone interface with studio quality preamp for iPhone, iPad, Mac and PC
Grab your favorite microphone, plug it into your iRig Pre HDand record straight to your device with true studio-quality sound anytime and anywhere. Simple as that.
As pioneers of the mobile music revolution, we know very well what it takes to produce great content on a portable device. Whether you are a musician, podcaster, journalist, videographer or vlogger, you instinctively know how important it is for your content to be the highest quality possible to be well received and how audio plays a critical role in the process.
Being a certified Apple MFi interface (“Made for iPhone and iPad,”) iRig Pre HD is guaranteed to work out of the box with all iOS devices using a Lightning connector including those that do not have headphone jack. The included Lighting cable allows for plug-and-play with Apple iOS devices while the USB cable connects Mac and PC computers offering the ability to record anytime and anywhere using your favorite dynamic, ribbon or condenser microphone models with phantom power (using batteries).
Delivering exceptional, best-in-category sound quality with up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution and full, flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz (+/- 1.5dB), iRig Pre HD is the bridge between the world of portable devices and the one of professional microphones for recording instruments, sound for media, video, speech, interviews, documentaries and more.
iRig Pre HD Specifications
- Microphone Input: balanced female 3-pin, XLR. Pin 2: hot / Pin 3: cold / Pin 1: ground
- Microphone Input Level: from 6 mVpp to 1.4 Vpp
- Microphone Input Impedance: 2 kOhms
- Gain Range: 40 dB
- Phantom Power: +48V ± 4V
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/-1.5dB
- Input Noise: -97 dB RMS, -105 dB(A)
Stereo Headphone Output
- Connector: 1/8” TRS Jack. Tip: right / Ring: left / Shield: ground
- Headphone Level Control numbered thumbwheel
- Headphone Level Power 100mW into 50 Ohms
- Device Connector: micro-USB
- Conversion: 24-bit A/D, 24-bit D/A
- Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz
• USB bus powered when used with a computer
• Battery powered (2xAA included) needed for +48V phantom only
- iRig Pre HD
- Lightning to micro-USB cable
- USB to micro-USB cable
- 2 x 1.5V AA battery
- Velcro strip
- Size: 40mm/1.57" x 110mm/4,33" x 34mm/1.34"
- Weight: 75g/2.65oz (batteries excluded)
- Cables lenght: 60cm/23.62"
Compatible with iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPod touch 6th generation, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 1st Generation, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad 5th generation, iPad 4th generation. iOS 6 or later is required.
Also compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8.
Mac®: macOS® 10.6 or later. One free USB port.
Windows®: Fully supports Windows 10 WASAPI for low latency audio. One free USB port.
(ASIO4ALL is required on Windows 7 and 8 for low latency audio. See our FAQ here for further details.)
Compatible with Android devices running Android 5 or later and with USB digital audio capabilities.
Micro-USB-OTG to Micro-USB cable (sold separately) is required.