IK Multimedia - iRig Mic
Make quality audio and vocal recordings anywhere on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
Pro quality performance and recording made easy
iRig Mic is the first handheld, quality condenser microphone for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad designed for all of your mobile sound needs. Now you can make professional audio and vocal recordings anywhere on your iOS device.
iRig Mic is ideal for the singer, vocalist and songwriter on the move, but also perfect for recording speeches, instruments, performances or other sound sources in the studio, on stage or in the field.
The iRig Mic features a highly unidirectional condenser-electret microphone capsule that provides quality recording in both close mic and long distance mic conditions, and provides real time monitoring with its dual mini-jack connector design. A three-level gain switch makes it instantly adjustable for any sound pressure condition — from soft speaking to loud playing. Its familiar form is perfect for handheld performance, plus it allows you to mount it on any mic stand leaving your device free for operating your favorite app. Its rugged metal body is road-ready for the mobile musician.
iRig Mic also comes* with VocaLive FREE, IK’s new real time effects processor suite for the singer and vocalist, and AmpliTube FREE for guitar players and songwriters and iRig Recorder FREE, an IK app for quick audio recording and processing. iRig Mic also works with a wide variety of other vocal and audio processing apps for the iOS platform.
- Ideal for all vocal applications from singing to speech
- Great for all types of sound recording or processing in music or any other audio application
- Quality condenser-electret unidirectional capsule
- Dual mini-jack connector allows real-time monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers, PAs
- Rugged, durable metal housing
- Easy to set-up for any sound source
- Can be handheld or placed on a standard mic stand
- Comes with apps for singers and songwriters
- Works with your (other) favorite audio apps
iRig Mic Specifications
- Microphone Type: condenser electret
- Polar Pattern: unidirectional/cardioid
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 15 kHz, -3dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for high sound pressure): 120 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for mid sound pressure): 90 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for low sound pressure): 75 dB
- Distortion: 3% THD at 120 dB, 1 kHz
- Windscreen: built-in
- Power and Connection: works with iOS, most Android devices (CTIA/AHJ compatible) and most Mac computers
- iRig Mic microphone
- Protective iRig Mic zippered storage bag
- iRig Mic clamp
- 5/8” to 3/8” thread adapter
- Size: 225mm/8.85" x 45mm/1.77" x 45mm/1.77" (W x L x H)
- Weight: 300g/10.58oz
Compatible with iPhone X*, iPhone 8 Plus*, iPhone 8*, iPhone 7 Plus*, iPhone 7*, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
To be compatible, the mobile device must be compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard.