IK Multimedia - iRig Acoustic STAGE
Your acoustic’s true tone, anywhere.
The advanced digital microphone system
for acoustic guitar
iRig Acoustic Stage is the new hi-tech solution for accurately reproducting the full sound of acoustic guitars and other instruments with studio-quality sound live on stage and in the studio. The combination of its advanced MEMS microphone and hi-quality preamp and DSP processing unit provides — for the first time ever — a break-through solution that offers hi-quality natural sound, advanced features, ease of installation and a convenience never seen before.
Until now, getting your acoustic to sound like it does in the studio when playing on stage has been a difficult, if not impossible, task. Playing an acoustic on stage typically falls into two scenarios: using the onboard piezo or magnetic pickup system to project a fractional representation of your acoustic’s natural warm tone, or sitting stationary on stage with microphones in “the sweet spot” on your acoustic, dramatically limiting your ability to move.
With iRig Acoustic Stage, you no longer have to sacrifice great acoustic tone when playing live. iRig Acoustic Stage gives you the best of both worlds — the beautiful, rich sound of your acoustic guitar as if it were mic’d up in the studio AND the freedom to move around without compromising your sound. Sound impossible? Read on…
iRig Acoustic Stage is a patented, revolutionary digital microphone system that makes your guitar sound exactly as if it was captured with a classic recording studio setup, giving you full rich studio-quality sound on the stage.
It’s a compact acoustic microphone and advanced digital preamplifier and processing unit that recreates a studio microphone set-up providing you with all of the true character and tonal nuance of your acoustic in live playing situations. Simply clip the iRig Acoustic Stage’s microphone to the sound hole, attach it to the iRig Acoustic Stage pre-amplifier processor, then connect the preamp to your amplifier or mixer. iRig Acoustic Stage also features a “Cancel Feedback” button that gets rids of annoying frequency feedback during performance.
Once installed and active, you’ll immediately hear what you’ve been missing with your traditional live setup as your acoustic tone comes alive with vibrance, warmth, depth and earthy, woody tone. If you currently perform with an acoustic-electric, iRig Acoustic Stage can greatly enhance your guitar’s live tone. iRig Acoustic Stage features an AUX input with a blend control that lets you blend your guitar’s current pickup system with iRig Acoustic Stage giving you even greater tonal flexibility and a roundness to your sound like you’ve never heard before.
iRig Acoustic Stage Specifications
Dedicated iRig Acoustic Microphone
- Microphone Type: MEMS
- Polar Pattern: omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- Max SPL: 130dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 101 dBA
- Maximum soundboard thickness: 4mm / 0.16"
- Dedicated iRig Acoustic Microphone Input: 2.5mm / 3/32" TS mono jack
- AUX Instrument Input Connector: 6.3mm / 1/4" TS mono jack
- AUX Instrument Input Impedance: 1 MOhms
- Analog Output Connector : 6.3mm / 1/4" TS mono jack, line-level, low impedance
- Analog Output Impedance: 50 Ohms (can drive long cables without any loss)
- Digital Output Connector: micro-USB
- AD and DA Resolution: 32-bit
- Sampling Rate: 48 kHz
- Interface Output: USB class compliant audio output via micro-USB port
- Power: battery power (2xAA), USB bus power
- Battery Life: approximatively 12 hours of continuous usage with alkaline batteries and 15 hours with rechargeable high quality Ni-MH AA cells (2000 mAh and up)
- iRig Acoustic Stage DSP/interface
- Dedicated iRig Acoustic microphone
- Belt clip
- Carrying case
- 2 x 1.5V AA Battery
- DSP/Interface size: 101mm/3.98" x 72.3mm/2.85" x 23mm/0.91" (belt clip excluded)
- DSP/Interface weight: 99g/3.49oz (batteries excluded)
- Microphone size: 31.7mm/1.25" x 32.2mm/1.27" x 18.8mm/0.74"
- Microphone weight: 20g/0.71oz
- Microphone cable length: 150cm/59.1"
iRig Acoustic Stage can be connected to any amplifier, mixer or PA system using a 6.3mm / 1/4" TS mono jack cable.
iRig Acoustic Stage can also be used as USB recording interface for Mac/PC, iOS, Android.
Mac®: Mac OS X 10.6 or later. One free USB port.
Windows®: Support using the ASIO4ALL driver on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. See our FAQ here for further details.
A USB to Micro-USB cable (sold separately) is required.
Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPod touch 6th generation, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini. iOS 6.0 or later is required.
Compatible with Android devices running Android 5 or later and with USB digital audio capabilities.
A Micro-USB-OTG to Micro-USB cable (sold separately) is required.