Aston Spirit - Studio Condenser Microphone
The Aston SPIRIT is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilizing a 1” gold evaporated capsule. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer balanced circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors, the same devices you’ll find in boutique microphones costing far more than the Spirit.
Wave-Form Mesh Head
The Origin features Aston’s signature wave-form mesh head. This unique design delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the mic capsule. Its shock-resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to bend upon impact, and then return to its normal position without any damage to the capsule itself. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artifacts from your recordings.
Built-In Pop Filter
Aston’s vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the waveform head. The random weave allows sound to pass while virtually eliminating unwanted plosives at the source. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation, making it ideal in sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so won’t rust with use, and can even be removed and washed.
Yet another unique design element of the Aston Origin is the use of custom-molded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor. Because the internal shock absorption system is so good, you can mount the microphone directly to a stand via this built-in, interchangeable thread adapter. The design also makes Aston microphones easy to repair and maintain.
Part of the beauty of Aston microphones is the custom finish of each chassis. Each chassis is individually tumbled for up to four hours to give it a very hard-wearing, and extremely beautiful, finish. To perfect the look, each microphone is separately engraved with its legends, and the Aston brand mantra, “The art of performance.”
- Large-diaphragm pressure-gradient condenser microphone with variable polar patterns
- Polar pattens switchable between Cardioid, Omni, and Figure-8
- 1" gold-evaporated capsule; protective wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Innovative blend of discrete and integrated circuitry
- Optimized circuit stage scheme from phantom power input circuit to capsule voltage bias
- Unique nonlinear voltage/current source rectification
- Shock-resistant, wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique, individually tumbled chassis finish
- Custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and interchangeable mic stand thread adapter
- Onboard 10/20dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter
- 48-volt phantom power required for operation
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Diaphragm Size:1" gold evaporated
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Max SPL:138dB SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio:80dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:14dB (A weighted)
- Low Cut Filter:80Hz
- Pads:-20dB, -10dB
- Power Source:48V phantom power
- Weight:1.38 lbs.