Looks And Display
To the casual eye it looks complex yet it makes you think about the many things that the mixer is capable of doing. When you look closer, you see that it's actually quite naturally laid out for anyone that's used a DJ mixer before.The channel and master LED level bars are reasonably accurate and quick to respond to volume changes.
Keep in mind there are only 2 colors on the bar, orange and red, this means that there is no neutral green or third color making it hard for one to maintain a 0dB signal. This is not that big of a concern, just don’t let your level meter go into the red.
The DDM 4000 comes with an acceptable amount of effects such as flanger, echo, bitcrusher and several others which you can use on any or all channels as well as the mic. You can control the specific limit of each effect to achieve the desired sound which makes the effects sound good after proper adjustment.
You can also specify if you want the effects to only affect the highs, mids, or lows of the track. The mixer automatically matches effects with time parameters with its built-in BPM counter but this can easily be overruled. Managing the effects can be difficult seeing that the controls are small and have multi-purposes.
- 32-bit digital DJ mixer with beat-synchronized sampler, 4 multi-FX sections, 2 BPM counters, digital crossfader and MIDI
- 4 Phono/Line stereo channels allowing up to 8 signal sources to be connected simultaneously
- 2 microphone inputs with Gain, EQ, Talk function and FX
- 4 stereo channels with Gain, programmable parametric 3-band EQ with Kill function, fader curve control and flexible crossfader assignment
- Fully featured MIDI controller for your DJ software
- Sophisticated sampler with beat-controlled loop function, real-time pitch control, sampler FX and crossfader start option
- 2 freely assignable and BPM-synchronized, high-quality FX engines (Bitcrusher, Resonator, Reverb, Flanger, etc.)
- Ultra-fast, and accurate BPM counters for automatic BPM synchronization of sampler, FX, crossfader and external drum machines, etc. via MIDI
- Digital crossfader with flexible curve adjustment, reverse button and automatic, BPM-synchronized crossfading
- Dual-mode crossfader with innovative frequency-selective crossfading
- Dedicated headphones section includes PFL mix/split and bass/snare boost functions
- Recall your last mixer setting at the push of a button
- Digital S/PDIF output for direct recording of your performance
- Rack mount brackets included for ultimate flexibility
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
- Channels : 4 + mic
- MIDI Control : Yes
- Effects : 2 x freely assignable and BPM-synchronized, high-quality effects engines plus BPM counters
- Analog Inputs : 4 x stereo RCA line, 4 x stereo RCA phono, 2 x XLR mic
- Analog Outputs : 2 x XLR, 3 x stereo RCA, 1 x XLR subwoofer
- Digital Outputs : 1 x stereo coaxial S/PDIF
- Headphones : 1 x 1/4" TRS
- MIDI I/O : In/Out/Thru
- Faders : 4 x 45mm throw
- Crossfader : Replaceable crossfader with full crossover adjustment and innovative frequency-selective crossfading
- Eqs : 3-band with -32dB kills at crossfader
- Rackmountable : Yes
- Height : 33"
- Width : 6"
- Depth : 5"
- Weight : 3 lbs.
The Behringer DDM4000 is filled with useful features. It is great if you want a mixer that does it all for a low price. Don’t be frightend by its light weight or low price, the DDM4000 is a solid performer.
I am pleased with this mixer since it gave me the opportunity to test the many features that more expensive models have. If you’re in the market for a new mixer, definitely give the DDM4000 a serious thought.
Review done by: